I’ve written a series of articles about backpacking trips that work for Scouts ages 10 to 14. Some have a “split hike” possibility where older, stronger Scouts can take a different route to the same campsite.
- Sunol Regional Wilderness Preserve
- Coast Camp at Point Reyes
- Angel Island State Park
- Black Diamond Mines
- Berry Creek Falls in Big Basin
- Boulder Creek Scout Reservation
- Eagle Spring Camp at Mission Peak
- Black Mountain Trail Camp at Monte Bello Open Space
- Manzanita Ridge at Henry Coe State Park
- Castle Rock State Park
- Pioneer Outpost at Cutter Scout Reservation
See you on the trail!